Shelby is bringing back the Cobra Daytona Coupe, with a few modern modifications, to create the ultimate retro super car. The new model will be designated by its CSX9000 Series chassis numbers and will come complete with a Shelby-issued MSO certificate and Chassis tag.
“Every CSX 9000 series Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe will be listed in the Shelby World Registry, making this new addition to Carroll Shelby’s stable of sports cars a collector’s dream. The new Coupe will feature Shelby signature door handles and seat covers, and the stopping power for the powerful Coupe will be provided by Shelby branded brakes,” said Lance Stander, President of Shelby Distribution USA of Irvine, CA.
The new CSX 9000 Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe will replace the Superformance Daytona Coupe and be upgraded to meet the performance demands Shelby owners expect.
“A sports car with the heritage and image of the Coupe begged for improvements and new features to make it a worthy contender in the market in which it already is one of the most sought after contenders. This awareness led to the development of the CSX 9000 series,” says Stander.
In order to increase the clearance between the driver’s head and the roof as well as between the driver’s left hand and the A-post, the seats were repositioned and the steering wheel moved over to the right. This created a much more comfortable seating environment.
New external door handles do not mar the sleek look of the coachwork and facilitates entry without the use of a remote key, and the doors are fitted with electric windows.
The side air intakes behind the doors now form part of the rear panel behind the B-pillars with an added quarter vent style window. In addition to improved interior airflow, visibility has been significantly improved.
Gear heads will be delighted with the improved front and rear independent suspension. This development includes the replacement of the rose joints with ball joints, and the new design facilitates the adjustment of camber, caster and toe adjustment up front, as well as easy camber and toe adjustment at the rear.
To eliminate noise, the front and rear anti-roll bars have been redesigned, the chassis has been stiffened and a new fuel tank with internal baffles incorporates a swirl pot design.
To improve oil cooling the oil cooler has been separated from the radiator and fitted in an area with adequate airflow, the radiator core diameter has been increased and more efficient radiator fans are fitted.
“With the high ambient temperature in most of the USA in summer, and the congestion on our roads, adequate engine and oil cooling are “must haves” in an auto that is as comfortable cruising along at 20 mph or when hugging the corners at well over a 100 mph!” remarked Stander.
In keeping with modern design, the heater and climate controls for the air-conditioning have no cables and are operated via servo units, the side muffler pipes have been increased in diameter to ensure a deeper rumble, and the wheel wells have been adapted to accommodate 18 inch, deep dish Shelby Cobra style rims.
“Although the new Coupe shares all the visual magic of the original, the new CSX 9000 series is just so much more sophisticated and will have enormous appeal in the market for full-blooded American retro-styled sports cars,” said Stander.
The CSX 9000 will be available with either a fiberglass or aluminum body while production will initially be limited to two units per month.
The MSRP of the fiberglass bodied CSX 9000 is $89,900.00 TKM and the aluminum-bodied model will be offered at $195,900.00 TKM. For more information about the CSX 9000 Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe MKII, contact Shelby Distribution USA.
The Following are standard features for the CSX9000:
• The Daytona Coupe Carries a CSX9000 serial number and is recorded into the Shelby registry.
• Air conditioning for modern-day comfort.
• Spacious interior is black leather and alcantra, and Stewart Warner electronic gauges.
• BTR / Dana Hydratrac limited slip differential, and independent front and rear suspension.
• Custom Blistein coil over shocks, H & R springs, PBR calipers with four wheel, power assisted, vented disc brakes.
• 20 gallon stainless steel fuel tank along with an aluminum radiator.
• Original style 18″ knock off wheels with tires.
New features include:
• Expanded seating area width to allow for a spacious feeling.
• Manually operated door handles have been added to the exterior.
• Electric windows have been added.
• Air intake bubbles removed and contoured to body for increased visibility.
• Suspension upgrades
– New rear designed independent suspension.
– Rose joints replaced with ball joints.
– Easy caster, camber and toe adjustment on the front suspension.
– Easy camber and toe adjustment on rear suspension.
• Newly designed front and rear anti-roll bar.
• New fuel tank with internal swirl pot design.
• New chassis design.
• Separate oil cooler added.
• Thickness of the radiator core will also be increased with more efficient radiator fans.
• Heater and climate controls changed to operate via servo units.
• The side pipe exhaust changed to have bigger mufflers.